Thursday, September 8, 2011

Weekly Randomness

 This is the view from the back door of where I work.  Smokestack at the Ethanol plant. 
This cake platter has been around as long as I can remember.  If you are wondering about the dents on the top, well that is a family story. On my third birthday, my mom and dad and I were heading out to Grandma's to celebrate. Mom made a cake, decorated it and put it on the roof of the car as she helped me into the backseat and forgot about the cake on top of the car. A few miles down the road we heard a sound... which to my three year old memory was louder than I am sure it technically was.  Mom realized what had happened and we turned around.  Cake was scattered across a horse pasture.  Dad climbed the fence, rescued the pan and I got to pick grass off what cake was stuck to the pan.  I am sure we didn't eat it... so I am not clear why I was picking grass off the cake.  It is one of my earliest memories and whenever mom uses this cake server, somebody retells the tale.

No comments:

Post a Comment